Tracie and I have finished putting all the data onto our wiki page, which is our own private playground right now. We have OPTIC observations, interviews, and survey monkey surveys completed from two districts. Our initial conclusions are that our data from two different districts is pretty closely aligned. As we sifted and analyzed data from both districts together, it will was interesting to see how the initial conclusions held true.
I have used wiki spaces before, but not to the extent I have with this project. What a fantastic tool to use to collaborate with someone at a distance. We’ve been able to gather resources, have conversations, write and edit work together. Using this tool in depth gave me confidence in using this tool with my students in my classroom.
As we finished up our joint analysis, we called in our friends in our respective PLNs to give our project an outside perspective. We received praise for our project and eager anticipation for the TOOL we will build as a result of this action research project.
As for the next steps, both of us are very eager to begin building the Alaska TOOL for use by real Alaskan teachers. The development of this TOOL will still be a continuing part of the action research process as we will continually be collecting feedback/data on what we are offering via the TOOL and trying to refine it to meet teachers’ needs.
I reviewed every posted blog this week in order to be an active member of others’ PLN. I hope my feedback was valuable. This week, it was difficult to assess if my help was helpful. I think that was due to the frenetic nature the end of every project has. I did make myself available via twitter to be a reviewer and critical friend to anyone. So far, none have taken me up on this. But I am still available if anyone needs feedback. 😉